Our experienced property team offers bespoke advice on all aspects of residential freehold and leasehold sales and purchases, lease renewals, landlord and tenant law, financing and many other less typical scenarios.
We have built up a considerable reputation as one of the leading providers of property related legal services in London and are used to dealing with high value transactions in London and across the country. Whether you require our help in connection with a home or an investment we understand the importance of these matters and the urgency that is required. Speed is so often a critical factor in securing a successful transaction and we understand this better than anyone else. From start to finish we strive to provide the very best service delivered on time and as a rule will always keep you informed every step of the way.
At Judge Sykes Frixou one-to-one service is at the core of what we do and throughout your instruction we are always available either in person, via email or on the telephone. Our aim is to provide a professional and friendly service and we take great pride in the fact that much of our work comes through repeat business and referrals from existing clients.
SRA Transparency Rules: Conveyancing – Freehold Sales/Purchase
We must clearly express our charges & state whether VAT or disbursements are included.
Avoid estimating charges at unrealistically low levels.
Do not advertise estimates/fixed fees without stating additional charges might apply.
Our legal fees:
|Sale or Purchase conveyancing fee
|£0 – £500,000
|From £2,000 + VAT
|From £1250 + VAT
|£500,001 to £1,000,000
|From £2,500 + VAT
|From £1750 + VAT
|£1,000,001 to £2,000,000
|From £3,000 + VAT
|From £2250 + VAT
|Budget for fees of approximately 0.2% of the price
|From £2,750 + VAT
Our fee quote will increase in the following circumstances:-
- where a transaction involves a bridging loan or other form of non-standard financing
- new build or off-plan purchases
- grants of new lease
- where the legal title is defective
- where the property is unregistered in part or in full
- where the matter becomes protracted and unforeseen complication arise
- urgent transactions requiring urgent exchange of contracts and/or completion
- one or more parties to the transaction are not co-operative and there is unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- other circumstances unforeseen when the quote is provided to you
Who would carry out the work and what level of experience and qualifications do they have?
Your matter will be handled by a qualified solicitor who may receive assistance from paralegals or trainee solicitors within our department. The profiles of our team members may be accessed through the links on the website.
What sort of disbursements would I need to pay for, and what would the likely cost of these be, and do they include VAT?
We are able to estimate the following disbursements on a purchase transaction:-
- Property search fees (approx.): from £300 plus VAT. This is dependant on the local authority you are purchasing the property in.
- Land Registry registration fees: This depends on the type of transaction and the purchase price of your property. This does not attract VAT.
- Stamp Duty Land Tax: This depends on the type of transaction, the purchase price of your property and also your personal circumstances. You can calculate the amount you will need to pay by using the HMRC’s website. This does not attract VAT.
- Landlord’s notice fee(s): This is payable whether the property being purchased is leasehold and the amount (and any VAT) payable will depend on what is required by the landlord or their agents.
- Priority search fee: £3 per title
- Bankruptcy search fee: £2 per name
We are able to estimate the following disbursements on a sale transaction:-
- Land Registry official copies (approx.): This depends on the number of documents revealed in the title of the property you are selling but will typically incur a cost of £6 – £12.This does not attract VAT.
- Leasehold management pack: This is only required where the transaction is leasehold and the amount (and any VAT) payable will depend on what is required by the landlord or their agents.
Please note that unexpected disbursements may be required during the course of a transaction (eg. indemnity insurance, additional searches, etc.).
What services are included in the price and likely timescales for key stages?
Our fees cover all of the work required to complete the purchase of a new property, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax.
A sale or purchase transaction could take between 4 – 12 weeks on average depending on a number of factors.
Key stages in a transaction also vary according to the circumstances.